Information, Advice & Guidance
The Academy has recently achieved the Investor in Careers Award which is a nationally recognised quality standard for careers education, information, advice and guidance. Our aim is to ensure that we deliver the very best careers education to all pupils.
Please click the link to view the Academy's Careers Policy
Careers Resources in the LRC
- Careers literature: e.g. ‘Working in…’ series, Jobfile, and other books
- Information on post 16 options including full time education, apprenticeships and training
- Prospectuses for local school sixth forms and further education colleges and contact details for training providers
- Information about Higher Education
Careers Resources On-line at the Academy
- The National Careers Service
- See the list of websites indicated at the end of this section for use at home.
- If any pupil has problems accessing any of the websites at home they are welcome to ask for help in using them at school in the LRC
- Year 10 have the opportunity to spend a week on work experience.
- Students need to find their own placement.
- The work experience application form must be completed and returned it to Mrs Black.
- Once a placement has been approved, consent and health forms will be issued for completion by parents and carers.
- As all financial subsidies have been removed from work experience, we now have to charge £35 for each student who wishes to take part in work experience. This covers all administrative costs and, where necessary, the placement checks.
- Students will need to make contact with their placements before the start of work experience to check hours of work, dress code, lunch arrangements etc.
- Students will be issued with a log book and be briefed before the start date.
- Pupils will either be visited during work experience or a phone call will be made to their place of work to check that the placement is running smoothly.
Links to other impartial careers advice and guidance
The National Careers Service – for 13-18 year olds
Where do our Year 11s go when they leave Alcester Academy?
Further information for all Year Groups:
These are given by representatives from colleges and companies and aim to inform on the work, opportunities, training and routes in to a variety of careers. They are advertised to pupils in advance and take place between 1.45 and 2.20pm on the days indicated on the information.
These are at the bottom of the tower and should be looked at by all pupils. Information on training opportunities, open days and other events is advertised on them.
Useful Careers Websites::
Our website makes use of non-invasive (no personal data) cookies to provide you with an enhanced user experience. By continuing to use the site, you consent to this.Close More
A cookie is a small file containing text and numbers generated by the website and passed from your browser back to our website when you revisit the site.
A cookie is used here to allow you to navigate the site, log in etc. Without this cookie (called a session cookie), this site would not work properly and so this has already been set.
We use a popular statistics tool called Google Analytics which uses non invasive cookies to allow us to find out how effective our marketing is, based on referencing how you got to our website (search engine, direct, or from another site etc).
We use an animation based rotating image which uses a cookie to know which image was last displayed so that as you move from page to page you are not seeing the same image every time.
We can also make use of third party services such as video clip players which can set cookies, for example to enable them to know that you part played a video clip previously, or to store customised settings such as brightness or volume. Close
Alcester B49 6QQ
'The strong leadership provided by the head teacher has made a significant difference in the way the academy operates.' Ofsted